Name: Abdul Ameer K.S. Al Thamiri
Birth Date: 1946 (Basrah-Iraq)
Marital Status: Married
§ M.B.ch.B. Medical College, Baghdad University, Iraq, 1970.
§ M.SC. Medical College, Baghdad University, Iraq, 1987.
- 1970-1974 Director of FAO health centre, Basrah, with main activities consisting of provision of primary health services and environment inspection of the district.
- 1974-1976 Manager of FAO hospital & director of FAO district health services consisting of 12 health centers with the responsibility of provision & supervision of preventive marine health and environment services In FAO port.
- 1976-1979 Manager of Zubair hospital, Basrah & director of Zubair district health and environment services.
- 1980-1985 Chief medical officer of Basrah governorate, with main activities consisting of administration, supervision, planning of health services, prevention, control of infectious diseases, implementation of various primary health care and environment programs and chief medical officer of Basrah ports.
- 1986-1987 MSC. course in community medicine in Baghdad,
College of Medicine. The thesis was seroepidemiological Study of Schistosomiasis in Southern Iraq.
- 1988-1992 D.G. of preventive medicine & environmental protection and improvement directorate, MOH Baghdad, with main activities consisting of various planning & supervision on implementation of various programs concerned with:
· Environment protection and improvement
· Primary health services
· Control of communicable & non-communicable diseases
· Food hygiene & nutrition
· Occupational health & safety
· Health and environmental education
1989 Field leader of the campaign of Malarial Control Programme in the North of Iraq with direct supervision on the activities performed in the 3 Governorates (Erbil, Sulaimaniya & Dohuk). The results of that campaign was highly appreciated By WHO in 1989.
1989-1992 Field leader of several national campaigns of Immunization within the EPI implementation, with highly appreciations of WHO.
Chairman of many national , health & environmental Committees:
1. National committee of Environmental Protection & Improvement.
2. National committee of Malaria Control Program with special concern to environment inspection and environment activities.
3. National committee of Diarrhoeal Diseases Control Program with main activities concerned with Environmental Inspection And Improvement.
4. National committee of Rodent Control Program with activities related to environmental improvement.
5. National committee of Zoonotic Diseases Control program with activities related to environmental improvement.
6. National committee of Bilharziasis Control Program with special concern to environment inspection and improvement.
7. National committee of Environmental Health Education.
8. National committee of Chemical Safety And Environment Protection .
9. National committee of Nutrition.
10. National committee of Radiation Protection Program.
11. Member of several conferences and meetings in Baghdad held by various organizations (UNEP, UNDP, ASQUA, WHO, UNICEF) concerned With health, environment and participation in discussions and negotiation of subjects and methodology of solution of health and environment Problems.
1993-2000 D.G. of Basrah health directorate, M.O.H. with main activities consisting of: health, administration, implementation of various health and environmental programmes with environment protection activities.
2000-2003 D.G. of environment protection & improvement directorate with active participation in all committees for preparing drafting of acts, laws and legislations related to the improvement and inspection of environmental activities.
Courses and Visits:
Ø 12 weeks course in primary health care by WHO, Yugoslavia, Croatia, Andre–Stamper Institute, 1981.
Ø Observational visits to hospitals, health centres, occupational and environment activities centers in Kuwait with participation in the conference of emergencies in medicine by WHO, 1981.
Ø 12 weeks course in primary health care and environment activities observational visits to health and training centers in Thailand by WHO, 1985.
Ø Observational visits to hospitals, health centers, environment management centers activities in Germany, 1988.
Ø Observational visits to hospitals, health centers, environment management centers activities in Czechoslovakia, 1989.
Ø Observational visits to hospitals, health centers, environment management centers in Yamen, 1990.
Ø Member of Ministerial Conference for Malaria with special concern to environment elements, Holland, Amsterdam, WHO, 1992.
Ø Observational visits to hospitals, health centers, environment inspection centers in Italy, 1998.
Ø Member of Ministerial Conference concerned with health and environment in Syria, Damasqas, WHO, 1992.
Ø Participation in conference held by CEHA, WHO in Jordan, Amman, concerned with health and environment with special emphasis on environmental inspection activities, 1999.
Ø Participation in various meetings and conferences held by UNEP, UNDP, ASQUA, UNICEF and WHO, mainly concerned with health, development and environment protection activities, 1988-2003.
Ü Seroepidemiological study of schistosomiasis in Southern Iraq with suggestions concerned with improvement of environment. The thesis for M.Sc. in Community Medicine 1987.
Ü Integrated approach for Malaria Control in Basrah with special concern to environment activities, 1998 unpublished
Ü Integrated research and control methodology for Zoonotic Diseases in Basrah 2000, Unpublished.
Ü Implementation and evaluation of integrated programs for Control of T.B. in Basrah, 2001
Ü Preliminary study on DOT strategy in Basrah, 2001
Languages: Fluent Arabic & English.
Al-Dohan & Associates Law Firm