Name: Al Shakarchi, Ni'mah H. M.
Place & Date of Birth: Baghdad, Iraq, 1939
Marital Status: Married
· M. Sc. Sanitary Engineering, University of Delfi, Netherlands, 1968
· B.Sc. Civil Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Baghdad
· More than 28 years in sanitary and environmental engineering, environmental pollution, pollution control, industrial, oil and domestic waste treatment, conservation of water resources …etc.
· Lecturing different environmental and health topics in all specialized courses since 1968, and special lectures in environmental quality standards for post graduate classes in College of Engineering, University of Baghdad.
· Teaching Sanitary Engineering course in Institute of Health Professionals for more than 10 years, and setting the curriculum for the subject.
· Teaching Industrial Wastes Treatment course in the High Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, Tripoli, Libya, 1995-1996.
· 1961-1967, supervised building construction and prefabricated concrete projects (Civil Engineering).
· 11968-1975, Capitol Health Engineer; supervision environmental work within Baghdad City.
· 1975-1981, Director, Environmental Engineering, Directorate of Human Environment, and in charge of the Technical Secretariat of Environment Protection Council in Iraq.
· 1982-1988, Head, Technical Secretariat, Environment Protection Council in Iraq.
· 1988-1989, Director, Environment Protection Centre; nationwide supervision of environmental work.
· 1989-1993, Director, Baghdad Environment Office and Rapporteur of Baghdad Environment Protection Council.
· 1995-1996, Lecturer, High Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, Tripoli, Libya-1996.
1997-now, Consultant Environmental Engineer, Private Sector, to find solutions for environmental problems to industrial projects and to prepare EIS for the proposed projects with the designs of waste treatment facilities and units
1. Consultant Engineer, Iraqi Engineer Union.
2. Member of the Iraqi Engineers Society.
3. Member of Iraqi Society of Environment protection and Improvement (ex-member of the governing Board and member of its Technical Committee).
1. Setting the curriculum of Sanitary and Environmental Engineering and Health Inspection, Health Technical Institutes, Iraq.
2. Setting the curriculum of Environmental Engineering and Monitoring Industrial Wastes, High Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, Tripoli, Libya.
3. II Winner of Saddam Prize for Environment, 1999.
English, French, Arabic.
Al-Dohan & Associates Law Firm