Name: Ali Saleh Mehdi AL Haddad
Date of Birth: March 1963 - Baghdad
· B.S. in Civil Engineering, University of Baghdad, 1983.
· M.S. in Environmental Engineering, University of Baghdad, 1989.
Field of Work:
· 1990-1992 Director of Technical Affairs for Environmental Protection and Improvement Council of Iraq.
· 1992–1993 Secretary of Environmental Protection and Improvement Council of Iraq.
· 1994 – 1997 Director of Studies and Environmental Protection Follow-Up Section, ministry of Health.
· 1997–2002 Director of Center for Protection of Environmental Resources.
· 2003 – Present Director of Researches for National Center of Occupational Health and Safety (NCOSH).
· Prepared studies and reports related to Environmental Problems in Industrial, Agricultural and Service Sectors, and Presented Solutions Accordingly.
· Reported National Environmental Issues to the Council Secretaries of Numerous Committees
· Coordinated environmental issues and actions between sub-councils at governorates, evaluated technical papers .
· Prepared draft Environmental Legislation and other regulations to be adopted by the Environmental Improvement Council.
· Followed–up on the Implementation of Joint Programs With United Nations Agencies (WHO & UNDP).
· Followed –up Environmental Division Activities at the governorates.
· Participate in numerous committees related to Studying Environmental Problems in Iraq.
· Participated in and facilitated numerous National on Environmental Development, to include Symposiums, Workshops and Conferences.
· Participated in many International and Regional activities in the field of Environmental Studies.
· Lectured numerous Environmental Training Courses.
· Published numerous scientific papers.
· Studied and Evaluated Environmental Impact Statements for different activities in Iraq.
· Prepared Environmental Statutes, Annual Reports concerning the evaluation of Environmental Resources in Iraq from 1997 to 2002.
· Participated with National Committee to prepare the Human Development Report from 2000 to 2001 under supervision of United Nations for Development in Iraq.
· Published more than nine scientific research papers on Environmental Studies.
· Published more than twenty five practical studies on Environmental issues.
· Won the Iraqi prize for Environmental Excellence in both 2000 and 2001. Received second prize in 2002.
Languages: Fluent English & Arabic.
Al-Dohan & Associates Law Firm