Name: Mohammed Abdul Aziz Hussein
Date of Birth: 25.01.1956
Place of Birth: Baghdad-Iraq
Marital Status: Married (1 boy and 1 daughter)
Qualifications: Bachelor of Law – Baghdad University, 1978
Diploma, Diplomatic Institute at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
1975 Started work at Ministry of Foreign Affairs
1980-1983 Diplomat, Iraqi Embassy in Dakar-Senegal
1983-1987 Diplomat, Iraqi Permanent Mission, Geneva
1988-1992 Legal Department, MFA
1992-1998 Counselor, Iraqi Permanent Mission, Geneva
Deputy Permanent Representative of Iraq for the
European Office of the UN, Geneva
Deputy Permanent Representative to the Conference for Disarmament at the UN
Iraq's Consul General, Switzerland
1998-2001 Legal Department, MFA
Representative of MFA in the Council of Protection
and improvement of Environment in Iraq
Director of Compensations Section dealing with UN
Compensation Committee on Gulf War UNCC
Director of Water Affairs Section
Director of International Legal Affairs
2001-2003 Iraqi Chargé d' Affaires, Madrid
2003 Assistant Head of Legal Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Minister Plenipotentiary
2004-2005(May) Director General of Humanitarian Affairs Ministry of Displacement and Migration.
- Member of Iraqi Delegation to (6) UN General Assembly Sessions.
- Represented Iraq in several meetings of the 6th Committee of the General Assembly (Legal Committee).
- Member of several Iraqi delegations to the International, Regional and National conferences and meetings related to the Environmental Issues.
- Participated in several Conferences and Meetings in the United Nations in Geneva and New York in addition to those of the Arab League.
- Represented Iraq in several meeting of the 3rd Committee of the UN General Assembly.
- Member of Iraq's Delegation to the UN Conference for Disarmament.
- Member of the Iraq's Delegation to 10 sessions of the UN Human Rights Committee.
- Member of Iraq's Delegation to 10 sessions of the Sub-committee for the Prevention of Discrimination and Protection of Minorities.
- Member of Iraqi delegations to ICRC meetings.
- Member of Iraq's delegation to 3 meetings of the International Conference for International Humanitarian Law (Union of Red Cross and Red Crescent Organizations).
- Member of Iraq's delegation to several sessions of the International Labor Office/ International Labor Organization.
- Member of Iraq's delegation to several meetings of the WHO
- Member of Iraq's delegation to the International Conference for Human Rights, Vienna 1993.
- Member of Iraq's delegation to 3 sessions of the Preparatory Committee of the International Criminal Tribunal.
- Member of Iraq's delegation to several meetings of the UNHCR.
- Member of Iraq's delegation to the meetings of the Legal Committee of the Arab League, Cairo.
- Member of several Iraqi delegations to many countries on bilateral relations.
- Participated in many working groups for the revision and drafting of the Iraqi legislations related to the Environment in Iraq as a representative of the Legal Department in MFA.
- MFA's representative in the Technical Committee on Joint Waters (Tigris and Euphrates).
- Member of Iraqi Water delegations to China, France, Syria and Cairo.
- Participated in the establishment of the Ministry of Displacement and Migration, with other partners from other countries and International Organizations.
- Member of the Iraqi delegation to the executive committee of UNHCR.
- Coordinator of the Ministry of Displacement and Migration (MODM) with UNHCR (Iraq Office) and International Organization for Migration IOM (Iraq office) and other international organizations and NGOs to assist and cover the issues of the people of concern to MODM.
Submitted many researches, studies and papers in different issues of my specialty within the Multilateral and Bilateral Relations.
Languages: Fluent English, French & Arabic.
Copyright Al-Dohan & Associates Law Firm