Faik Ali Abdul-Rasool- Financial Consultant/Head of the Business Unit,
BA in Economics, University of Baghdad, 1962
MA in Economics, University of Massachusetts, USA,1965
PhD in Economics, University of Massachusetts, USA, 1970
Dr Abdul-Rasool, who is a renowned expert in the
financial and banking
sector, started work as a researcher at the Central Bank of Iraq in 1970,
becoming the Director General of the Research Department in 1974. He then
served as Chairman of the International and Regional Organisation Committee
and the External Relations Commission for the Council of Ministers until
1987. Between 1988 and 2001, Dr Abdul-Rasool held several important
positions at the Ministry of Finance. He also held the position of Chairman
of the Iraqi Fund for External Development until 2001. Since 2002, Dr Abdul-Rasool
has been the Financial Consultant/ Head of the Business Unit at Al Dohan &
Associates Law Firm.
Areas Of Expertise
• Vast experience in drafting commercial and trade agreements and protocols.
• Long experience in the cross-border
financial sector including
• Immense knowledge and experience in Iraqi
• Extensive consultancy on business and economic development, both in Iraq
and the Arab region.
• Sources of Change in Money Supply In Iraq 1950-1970, (the Economist,
September, 1972) (English).
• Planning the Development of Iraq 1950-1968, (the Iraqi Committee for the
ICC, 1973) (English).
• Iraq’s Relationship with International and Regional Organisations,
co-author, (Planning Ministry, 1974).
• Safeguarding the Purchasing Power of Oil Revenues, (the Economist, 1975),
• New International Economic Order, (Oil & Development, 1979).
• Arab Monetary Integration, co-author, (Arab Union Studies, 1981).
• Growth and Structural Change of Production in the Iraqi Economy, (OPEC
Review, 1982), (English).
• The Effect of Inflation on Human Development in Iraq, (UNDP and the Iraqi
Economic Association, January 1994).
• Annual Human Development Report in Iraq, 1995 (Iraqi Economic
• Annual Human Development Report in Iraq, 2000 (co-author).
• Arab Joint Ventures: Between Reality and Ambition, (Dar Al Hikma, 2002).
• Export Credit Agencies in a Changing World, (to be published, 2003).
Back To Members' Page
Al-Dohan & Associates Law Firm