Mohammad Ahmed Zaidan-Associate,
LLB University of Jordan, 1993
LLM Commercial Law/Marine Insurance, University of Aberdeen, UK, 1998
Jordanian Bar Association,
1995. United Arab Lawyers Association.
Mr. Zaidan, a qualified legal translator, started work as a law clerk at the
Supreme Court and Court of Cassation. Until the year 2000, he was also a
lecturer and researcher in letters of credit and banking guaranties at the
Arab Countries Centre for Research and Studies (an Arab League Affiliate).
Mr. Zaidan was also appointed as Manager of the International Relations
Department and Legal Advisor to the Jordan International Law Group. During
his private practice career, he worked extensively on insurance,
particularly maritime claims, international
finance and trade law as well as
general commercial and contractual work. Mr. Zaidan is also counsel to APP
Jordan (Ltd) a world leading multi-national in the field of pulp & paper
trade and City Insurance for Re-Insurance Brokerage (Offshore), one of the
leaders in the reinsurance field in the Middle East, Africa and the rest of
Asia. He became an associate of Al Dohan & Associates Law Firm in 2002.
• Diverse work and experience in
maritime law particularly in the area of
• Also substantial experience in
• Extensive expertise in the area of international
finance and trade law.
• Online Dispute Resolution.
• Extensive expertise in the area of
agency law and franchising.
• Long experience in the various aspects of
Mr Zaidan has written the following working papers:
• The Duty of Disclosure and the Question of Agency in Insurance Law.
• The New Lex Mercatori- The Law of Merchant.
• Proposed Solutions to the Problem of the “Battle of Form” in the Formation
of a Contract.
• The Legal Duties of Insurance Brokers “Lloyds’ Brokers”.
• The Dematerialisation of Commercial Papers.
• Comfort Letter: Is it legally binding?
• Chicago Convention (1944) & the Freedom of Air.
• Retention of Title & Romalpa Clauses.
• Performance Bonds and the Principle of Autonomy.
• Letter of Credit and the Performance Bond: Are they One?
Back To Members' Page
Al-Dohan & Associates Law Firm