Mr. Robert Victor Newsum
- Preston Manor County Grammar School, 1952.
- 6 GCE 'O' Levels.
- 2 GCE 'A' Levels.
Chairman Area 3 IATA CRRB 1986, 1988 in Singapore, Member of Institute of Marketing, Member of Institute of Transport.
28 years of multi-disciplinary experience in International Passenger and Cargo Aviation, Sales and Finance. Managed a staff of 27 Managers and a staff of 1430.Project Director for Deutsche Aeroconsult GmbH Frankfurt (Fraport), Director of Operations for GATS U.A.E , System Ass Vice President of Operations and Cargo for Gulf Air Bahrain, General Manager International for Air Canada and British Caledonian. Experience encompasses Project Management, Operational Readiness, Master Planning, Airport Relocation, Cargo Operations and Systems, Ramp/Ground Services, Airport Safety/ Security, Airside / Landside Reorganisation, Privatisation Strategy, Revenue Enhancement, Operational Audits, Remediation and Environmental Programmes, European and Airport Operations, Marketing, Planning World Funding Institutions.
Areas of Expertise:
Munich Airport: Freelance Consultant for the Free Trade Zone and Cargo Operations and Facilities at the New Bangkok International Airport.
Larex Corporation: Airport & Aviation Consultant for the Acquisition of Bulgarian Airports.
Wiggins Group PLC: Development of Strategic Masterplan for the airports of Manston (UK) Lahr and Parchim (Germany) and Cuneo (Italy).
MWH GLOBAL INC. Brussels Belgium /Director Aviation Business Development.
- Sales and Leadse back of 13 Scandinavian Airport properties for SAS.
- PM/CM Contract for Baila Podlaska Poland Project Value ₤ 3.8 BILLION.
- Advisor to Consortium on redevelopment of Hellinicon Airport Athens.
- Airport Advisor to Banking Consortium for Kingsford Smith Airport Sydney.
DEUTSCHE AEROCONSULT GmbH (1999-2002) Frankfurt Germany (Fraport)
Incheon International Airport Seoul Korea
- Operational readiness for the Incheon International Airport.
- Development of Standard Operating Procedures, Production of Aerodrome Operations Manual,
Airport Operations Centre.
- Crisis Control Procedures, development and implementation of Trial Operations for Passenger
Terminal and Ramp operations.
- Cargo Operational Readiness
- Relocation planning and execution of migration from Kimpo Airport to Incheon International Airport
3400 separate movements.
- Operational Readiness Project Review Harare Airport Zimbabwe
- Airport Feasibility Project Banja Luka
- Operations Review Podgorica & Tivat Airports Montenegro
- Windhoek Airport Safety and Ramp reorganization Namibia
- Nagpur MultiModal Cargo Hub Study India
- Equity Acquisition Operational Audit for Five Australian Airports
- Acquisition strategy for privatisation of GH and management of Mandalay Airport Myanmar
- Swaziland Master planning Feasibility Review
- Zanzibar & Pemba Airports Operational Audit
- Kyrgystan Cargo Hub review
MAACS, KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA (1996-1998)
Joint Operation between Agiplan GmbH & Munich Airport
Operational Readiness and Airport Transfer.
Kuala Lumpur International Airport
Responsible for preparation of databases, contracts and implementation. Organised and executed Operational Readiness and Training for Ground Handling, Ramp, Catering, PLB Operation and the Two Privatized Cargo Facilities. Passenger and baggage Trial operations. Development and Implementation of Airport Free Trade Zone. Airport Operations Centre;
Developed and executed, the Relocation of the airport operator, M.A.S. and 48 other airlines along with all associated Government bodies, retail outlets and offices from Subang Airport to Sepang.
GATS, U.A.E. 1995 - 1996
Director of Operations
Construction and implementation of a new cargo complex at Al Ain incorporating taxiways, apron, quarantine facilities for the ruler of the U.A.E. Directed various training programs. Responsible for equipment provisions and technical assistance.
AIR HONG KONG, Hong Kong
Route analysis, distribution networks planning, profitability study, organisation planning, and I.T. system evaluation.
ENTEBBE AIRPORT UGANDA
Passenger and cargo flow evaluation, operational performance review, staffing levels, training programs, and profitability analysis.
GENERAL ELECTRICAL FINANCE (U.S.A.)
IATA evaluation of the potential for establishing airline ULD leasing pools at strategic locations world-wide to facilitate leasing opportunities.
BRITTANIA AIRWAYS LUTON
Triangle Management Consultants
Project to utilise the belly hold capacity of scheduled and charter flights for cargo to optimise revenue generation, organisational set up of international GSAs and commission structures.
GULF AIR BAHRAIN
Ass Vice President Operations&Cargo
System wide responsibility for marketing, operations,
Responsible for 57 offices/airports.
Project Director for New Cargo Facility in Muscat.
Enlargement of Cargo Complex and Catering Facilities.
General Manager International.
Responsible for all cargo operations and sales excluding USA and South Americas. Various positions held including, General Manager South East Asia, Regional Manager Europe, Ground Handling Contracts, IT Systems, Revenue responsibility $250,000,000.Other positions held International Airports Senior Manager, Regional Passenger Director.
SKYFAST FORWARDERS BELGIUM
Development of strategies for integration of 6 European offices, distribution and warehousing network, expense reduction, productivity increase, export and courier product introduction.
BRITISH CALEDONIAN AIRWAYS
General Manager Cargo. World Wide
Areas of responsibility: Europe, Africa. Started and operated scheduled and charter flights to Nigeria, USA, South America established Cargo operations and facilities in Lagos, Ground handling, ramp operations, equipment provision, operation of 6 freighters, route expansion to U.S.A. I.T. Systems. GSA appointment. Cargo Warehouse Operations
NIPPON YUSEN KAISHA
General Manager Europe
Responsible for operations/marketing in UK and European ports of Southampton, Hamburg, Bremen, Antwerp and Rotterdam. Represented NYK on the Far East Conference Lines.
Al-Dohan & Associates Law Firm